Get to know the AMPro Scientists!
Biweekly, we present you one AMPro scientist in more detail. This time...
Stephanie's scientific work in one sentence
In-depths characterization of vaccine responsiveness/non-responsiveness to improve existing vaccines and vaccination strategies or develop new approaches to overcome immunological deficiencies in risk groups
For more information click here.
Highest Level of education: PhD in Immunology
Promotion: 2015, Hannover Medical School/ HZI Braunschweig
Actual Position: Postdoc, Department of Vaccinology and Applied Microbiology, HZI Braunschweig
What is - in your opinion - your best publication?
Invariant NKT Cell-Mediated Modulation of ILC1s as a Tool for Mucosal Immune Intervention. Trittel S, Vashist N, Ebensen T, Chambers BJ, Guzmán CA, Riese P. Front Immunol. 2019 Aug 7;10:1849. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.01849. eCollection 2019.
What is your most important prize?
Poster Award (2nd price) European Conference of Immunology 2018
4 questions about research - past, present, future
1. What are your primary tasks and responsibilities in your actual position?
To perform in-depth immunological profiling for identifying mechanisms underlying vaccine responsiveness/non-responsiveness in the human as well as the murine system using a variety of immunological methods with a special focus on multi-parametric flow cytometry.
2. What is it that gives you pleasure and/or satisfaction the most?
To identify immunological differences between vaccine responders and non-responders that might serve as potential targets for future intervention strategies.
3. Which research question(s) affects you at the moment? What is its social significance?
What differentiates vaccine responders from non-responders? Which are the underlying mechanisms? How is the immune response altered in risk groups, e.g. the elderly or metabolically challenged? How can we overcome these deficiencies?
4. What do you like most about AMPro? What are your particular plans within the collaboration? AMPro creates the opportunity to cooperate with partners from different fields of research thereby allowing the convergence of different points of view that might give rise to new ideas.
3 questions beyond research
1. What are your experiences with reconciliation of family or private and working life?
It is not easy to reconcile family and work, but with the right boss, colleagues and partner, it is definitely feasible.
2. Which book and/or movie has lately affected you the most?
I really enjoyed reading the Century Trilogy by Ken Follett.
3. What is your favorite color, season and/or football (or other sports) club?
My favorite color is green, all seasons have their advantages and disadvantages and I like handball, but I do not support any special team.